Welcome to Single Mothers Guide
Single Mothers Article
This is a selection made from among articles on Single Mothers. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
SINGLE PARENTING IN GENERALfrom:
Single parenting, in general, is challenging. As difficult as it is to be a parent today in a traditional family, being a single parent is even more difficult. Single parents are often overwhelmed with being the sole responsible member of the household, in charge of the housekeeping, shopping, errands and children. Single parents worry not only about maintaining the house and the finances; they worry about making sure they have enough time to spend with their children to provide a loving, supportive atmosphere in the home. Single parenting in general can be successful if a few simple strategies are put in place.
* Boundaries must be established. Single parenting, in general, requires that the parent be the clear boss in the home. Allowing children to take on the role of equals in the house hold can lead to serious discipline problems within the family. Children need boundaries and limits with clear expectations.
* Single parenting in general is not a negative state of being. Therefore, the attitude in the household should be a positive one. The family situation should be viewed as a positive workable situation instead of a turn of bad luck.
* Single parenting, in general, creates overwhelming situations. The shear volume of the responsibilities and duties involved with raising children alone creates feelings of inadequacy. Single parents must recognize they cannot run their family the same way that a traditional family is run. Single parents must learn to manage their time, assign daily chores to children, and find support from family, friends and support groups. The single parent must also enlist their children’s support in running the family.
* While single parenting in general, is difficult, it is still possible, and very necessary to create a nurturing, stable home environment. This will help the children feel secure. Single parents must be especially aware of their children’s needs for love and affection.
* Establishing a regular routine and schedule for the family will make the job of single parenting, in general, much easier to manage.
* Single parenting, in general, requires a wide support system. Single parents need the emotional support of family and friends as well as companionship. Support in the form of child care and help in emergencies is also necessary.
* Because single parenting, in general, is so demanding, it is vital that single parents take care of themselves. In addition to eating healthy and exercising, it is important that single parents manage their mental and emotional well-being. Join a co-op that trades babysitting so that you can have some time to yourself, away from the children. Work out a stress management system that allows you to relieve the stress before it becomes a problem.
Single Mothers Specific links
Single Mothers News
House GOP attacked for passing 'bill that makes it legal' to fire single moms - PolitiFact
House GOP attacked for passing 'bill that makes it legal' to fire single moms
"House Republicans just passed a bill that makes it legal for single mothers to be fired by their employers," it says. The meme was shared more than 60,000 times, suggesting a lot of people found the news outrageous. We wanted to know if the meme is ...
Financial tips for single mothers - Economic Times
Financial tips for single mothers
Being a mother is arguably the toughest job in the world. And it becomes even tougher if she doesn't have the support of her husband. In India, single mothers fight pitched battles on numerous fronts. They are up against hostile regulations ...
Why Does the $7.6T Global Travel Industry Ignore Single Parents? - Forbes
Why Does the $7.6T Global Travel Industry Ignore Single Parents?
As a single mom, Kayt Sukel traveled with her kid. A lot. The freelance science writer and partner at TravelSavvyMom and her son, now 10, have visited more than 25 countries â€” and a whole lot of resorts, hotels, airlines and tours. Sukel is often ...
Don't give up: Single mother soldiers on after feeding four children on $70 a day - Yahoo Singapore News
Yahoo Singapore News
Don't give up: Single mother soldiers on after feeding four children on $70 a day
Yahoo Singapore News
Jo, 43, a single mother of four, was getting by on S$70 a day working gruelling 12-hour days as a factory assistant just a year ago. She had been divorced twice due to a domestic struggle, and was left to become the sole breadwinner of the family ...
Same benefits for single mums
Benefits review a lifeline for single unwed mothers, who need more help
Give same benefits to single mums
Woman offers to babysit single mothers' kids for free while they go to job ... - KPRC Houston
Woman offers to babysit single mothers' kids for free while they go to job ...
A FREE BABY-SITTING SERVICE, ONE HOUSTON MOM HAS MADE IT HER MISSION TO HELP FELLOW MOTHERS AT NO COST. SHE WAS INSPIRED AFTER HEARING ABOUT SINGLE MOTHERS WHO LEFT THEIR KIDS ALONE TO GO TO JOB ...