Welcome to Single Mothers Guide
Black Single Mothers Article
This is a selection made from among articles on Black Single Mothers. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
SINGLE PARENTING IN GENERALfrom:
Single parenting, in general, is challenging. As difficult as it is to be a parent today in a traditional family, being a single parent is even more difficult. Single parents are often overwhelmed with being the sole responsible member of the household, in charge of the housekeeping, shopping, errands and children. Single parents worry not only about maintaining the house and the finances; they worry about making sure they have enough time to spend with their children to provide a loving, supportive atmosphere in the home. Single parenting in general can be successful if a few simple strategies are put in place.
* Boundaries must be established. Single parenting, in general, requires that the parent be the clear boss in the home. Allowing children to take on the role of equals in the house hold can lead to serious discipline problems within the family. Children need boundaries and limits with clear expectations.
* Single parenting in general is not a negative state of being. Therefore, the attitude in the household should be a positive one. The family situation should be viewed as a positive workable situation instead of a turn of bad luck.
* Single parenting, in general, creates overwhelming situations. The shear volume of the responsibilities and duties involved with raising children alone creates feelings of inadequacy. Single parents must recognize they cannot run their family the same way that a traditional family is run. Single parents must learn to manage their time, assign daily chores to children, and find support from family, friends and support groups. The single parent must also enlist their children’s support in running the family.
* While single parenting in general, is difficult, it is still possible, and very necessary to create a nurturing, stable home environment. This will help the children feel secure. Single parents must be especially aware of their children’s needs for love and affection.
* Establishing a regular routine and schedule for the family will make the job of single parenting, in general, much easier to manage.
* Single parenting, in general, requires a wide support system. Single parents need the emotional support of family and friends as well as companionship. Support in the form of child care and help in emergencies is also necessary.
* Because single parenting, in general, is so demanding, it is vital that single parents take care of themselves. In addition to eating healthy and exercising, it is important that single parents manage their mental and emotional well-being. Join a co-op that trades babysitting so that you can have some time to yourself, away from the children. Work out a stress management system that allows you to relieve the stress before it becomes a problem.
Black Single Mothers Specific links
Black Single Mothers News
No relevant info was found on this topic.