Welcome to Single Mothers Guide
San Bernardino County Single Mother Assistance Article
This is a selection made from among articles on San Bernardino County Single Mother Assistance. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
SINGLE PARENTING IN GENERALfrom:
Single parenting, in general, is challenging. As difficult as it is to be a parent today in a traditional family, being a single parent is even more difficult. Single parents are often overwhelmed with being the sole responsible member of the household, in charge of the housekeeping, shopping, errands and children. Single parents worry not only about maintaining the house and the finances; they worry about making sure they have enough time to spend with their children to provide a loving, supportive atmosphere in the home. Single parenting in general can be successful if a few simple strategies are put in place.
* Boundaries must be established. Single parenting, in general, requires that the parent be the clear boss in the home. Allowing children to take on the role of equals in the house hold can lead to serious discipline problems within the family. Children need boundaries and limits with clear expectations.
* Single parenting in general is not a negative state of being. Therefore, the attitude in the household should be a positive one. The family situation should be viewed as a positive workable situation instead of a turn of bad luck.
* Single parenting, in general, creates overwhelming situations. The shear volume of the responsibilities and duties involved with raising children alone creates feelings of inadequacy. Single parents must recognize they cannot run their family the same way that a traditional family is run. Single parents must learn to manage their time, assign daily chores to children, and find support from family, friends and support groups. The single parent must also enlist their children’s support in running the family.
* While single parenting in general, is difficult, it is still possible, and very necessary to create a nurturing, stable home environment. This will help the children feel secure. Single parents must be especially aware of their children’s needs for love and affection.
* Establishing a regular routine and schedule for the family will make the job of single parenting, in general, much easier to manage.
* Single parenting, in general, requires a wide support system. Single parents need the emotional support of family and friends as well as companionship. Support in the form of child care and help in emergencies is also necessary.
* Because single parenting, in general, is so demanding, it is vital that single parents take care of themselves. In addition to eating healthy and exercising, it is important that single parents manage their mental and emotional well-being. Join a co-op that trades babysitting so that you can have some time to yourself, away from the children. Work out a stress management system that allows you to relieve the stress before it becomes a problem.
San Bernardino County Single Mother Assistance Specific links
San Bernardino County Single Mother Assistance News
Commercial farming...in your subdivision? - Fortune
Commercial farming...in your subdivision?
Farming in the nation's sixth-most-populous county, on the doorsteps of Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Bernardino, Kawamura is less than 90 minutes by truck from more than 20 million people. â€śWe can deliver to this regional market hours after we ...
Women Who Are Making a Difference - Mountain News
Women Who Are Making a Difference
Samantha's awareness of the need for women to help other women started on March 10, 1988, when she entered a shelter for domestic violence with two black eyes and strangle mark on her neck, done by her boyfriend. Being no stranger to violence witnessed ...
ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Amazaday Gonzales - Press-Enterprise
ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Amazaday Gonzales
San Bernardino resident Amazaday Gonzales is not satisfied with any single definition or style. She is after the darker side of beauty. The stories ... â€śI really enjoyed creating themes for our photoshoots so I decided to purchase my first camera with ...
San Bernardino County needs in-patient drug treatment facilities for youth ... - Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
San Bernardino County needs in-patient drug treatment facilities for youth ...
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
Children are the most vulnerable to addiction, and for those who find themselves in the later stages of substance abuse, it's critical they be provided with help. Speaking from experience, at the age of 12, I went through a youth in-patent drug ...
CONGRESS: Aguilar, wife eat on $4.73 a day - Press-Enterprise
CONGRESS: Aguilar, wife eat on $4.73 a day
The amount is the average benefit for enrollees in California's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, according to Aguilar's office. Aguilar, a former Redlands mayor who was elected last November to represent part of San Bernardino County, sits on ...